Roberto Massimo Mario Soldati
• Born in Bologna 7 October 1952;
• degree in Physics, Bologna University, 20 July 1976, 110/110 e lode, title of Thesis:
Inequalities among Green’s Functions in Quantum Statistical Mechanics, Supervisors:
Marco Toller and Renzo Leonardi.
• Fellowship in Theoretical Physics at the Trento University from January 1977 until
• Assistent professor in Theoretical Physics at the Trento University in 1979/80.
• N.A.T.O. fellowship in Theoretical Physics at the LPTHE, Orsay, Paris XI from February
1980 until March 1981.
• Assistent professor in Theoretical Physics (Relativity and Quantum Mechanics) at the
Trento University from 1981 until 1986.
• Associate professor in Theoretical Physics (Statistical Mechanics and Quantum Field
Theory) at the Bologna University since May 1986.
• Research activity in Quantum Mechanics, Statistical Mechanics, Quantum Field Theory
• Teaching activity in Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, Field Theory, Statistical Mechanics.
• Regular collaboration as a referee on behalf of Physical Review D, Physical Review
Letters, Nuclear Physics B, Physics Letters B, Europhysics Letters, Journal of High
• Visiting professor at the following Universities and Research Centers: CERN, Geneve
(CH), Cambridge (UK), IPN Paris Sud, Orsay (FR), Paris VI, Jussieu (FR), Leningrad
State U. (USSR), Stechlov Mathematical Institute, Moscow (USSR), La Plata (ARG),
Buenos Aires (ARG), INR Irkutsk (East Siberia, CSI), Barcelona (SPA), Center Theoretical
Physics, Aspen (USA), CBPF Rio de Janeiro (BRA), Centro Atomico Bariloche
(ARG), UF Rio de Janeiro (BRA), Freie Universitat Berlin (GFR), UE Rio de Janeiro
(BRA), USP Sao Paulo (BRA), UFP Recife (BRA), Universidad de Santiago de Chile
• Scientific divulgation activity in High Schools concerning Relativity, Quantum Mechanics
and High Energy Physics.
• Advisor of the following students:
Giuseppe Nardelli (Degree 1984) assistent professor, Trento University;
Paola Giacconi (Ph. D. 1988) International High School teacher in Bologna and
I.N.F.N. collaborator, Sezione di Bologna;
Davide Ventura (Degree 1989) International High School teacher in Bologna;
Fabio Maltoni (Degree 1994) Professor in Theoretical Physics, Louvain (Belgium);
Michele Morara (Degree 1996) researcher at Battelle, Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A.
Lorenzo Sorbo (Degree 1998) Tenure Track at Amherst, Massachussets, U.S.A.
Alberto Zannoni (Degree 1999) private internet contractor;
Annamaria Panza (Ph. D. 2000) employed in a private Financial Company;
Guido Pupillo (Degree 2001) Ph.D. student, College Park, Maryland, U.S.A.
Luca Vecchi (Degree 2005) Ph.D. student, I.S.A.S., Trieste, Italy.
• Coordinator of the Ph. D. program (Dottorato di Ricerca) of the Physics Dept. of
the Bologna University.
• Member of the Committees for Research Positions in Theoretical Physics at:
Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Sezioni di Bologna, Padova e Milano;
Universit´a di Torino;
Universit´a di Perugia;
Universit´a di Trento;
Universit´a di Napoli;
Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Sezione di Genova;
• Member of the Committees for Associate Professorships in Theoretical Physics at:
Universit´a di Trento;
Universit´a di Genova;
Universit´a Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Brescia;
• Honoris Causa Laureate in Physics, 13 December 2005, Sankt Petersburg University,